Answers from Our Experts (1)
Athens has a diverse selection of top-quality boutique hotels and resorts. Combine that with the Greek’s friendly demeanor and the beauty of the city, and you’re on your way to a great stay. Here are five hotels that Forbes Travel Guide recommends:
1. St. George Lycabettus. Situated on one of the landmark hills of the city in the posh district of Kolonaki, this boutique hotel prides itself on its modern style and top views — the Parthenon can be spotted from nearly every common area and many guest rooms.
2. Hotel Grande Bretagne. Located near Parliament and right off the city’s central square, this elegant and historic landmark has hosted countless dignitaries and celebrities. But we love it for its city views, regal décor and amenities like a rooftop pool.
3. The Margi. In the heart of the Athenian Riviera, this sleek and modern retreat has 88 rooms — all of which have a private balcony. Other onsite perks include a fitness center, poolside bar and sea views.
4. The Divani Apollon Palace and Spa. Built right on a beach in the Athenian Riviera, this family-friendly hotel features a children’s playground and several pools, as well as a spa and golf course for the older set.
5. New Hotel. New Hotel has a cutting-edge aesthetic that looks more like an art museum than an Athenian boutique hotel. However, the service is traditional (and great) and the location is central, giving you easy access to all parts of Athens.