Answers from Our Experts (1)
Whether you visit The Café on a holiday, for Sunday brunch or for a celebratory dinner, keep the following in mind:
1. It’s found within luxurious The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead. The acclaimed restaurant is the hotel’s signature eatery, situated on the lobby level. It serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and features regional cuisine inspired by fresh, quality ingredients from the South. The Café’s festive brunches on Sundays, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas are popular traditions for many Atlanta area residents as well as guests of the hotel.
2. The executive chef. Franck Steigerwald, the executive chef at The Café, is a native of France’s Bordeaux region and adds unique French flair to his Southern dining room. Chef Steigerwald attended University of Bordeaux 1 and polished off his culinary skills at several acclaimed restaurants in Paris before moving to the United States. His first assignment in the U.S. was at The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner (Virginia) as the senior sous chef at Maestro. From there, he worked at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples as the executive chef of the Dining Room, and then led the culinary teams at Taj Boston (formerly The Ritz-Carlton, Boston) and The St. Regis New York. Chef Steigerwald has been the executive chef at The Café since 2012 and is proud to feature regionally inspired cuisine featuring the finest ingredients from the South.
3. The pastry chef. Pastry chef Dallas Marsteller is accomplished at creating desserts with a “wow” factor. Her recipes and designs are wide-ranging and decadent. She focuses on preparing desserts with clean, pure flavors, as well as great taste. Her creations are served at The Café, through in-room dining, and during afternoon tea in the Lobby Lounge. She also creates elegant wedding cakes for Ritz-Carlton brides. Each December, Chef Marsteller and her staff prepare more than 20,000 hand-crafted holiday cookies including chocolate chip peppermint cookies — a holiday tradition at the Ritz. Chef Marsteller joined the Ritz-Carlton Buckhead as the pastry chef in March of 2011. She has previously worked at several Ritz-Carlton properties including Pentagon City in Arlington, Virginia.
4. The sommelier. Sommelier Linda Torres Alarcon and her team select quality wines from around the world and present them to guests at The Café, The Lobby Lounge, Wine Bar, through in-room dining and the hotel’s Club Lounge level. Many of the fine wines featured at the Ritz-Carlton originate from France, Italy and California. Alarcon and her team can masterfully pair your favorite dish at the Ritz with an appropriate wine, so be sure to ask them for an expert recommendation.
5. Vino Tuesday. Wine lovers should make a point of reserving a table on Tuesday evenings. If you select a bottle from the wine cellar during dinner, you can receive the bottle for half-price.