Answers from Our Experts (1)
Atlanta’s food experience range from ones with spectacular views to a riverside setting to an irreverent, yet fantastic biker burger gastro-bar. Here are the five best food experiences you can’t miss:
1. The Sun Dial Restaurant, Bar & View. Atop the 73-story Westin Peachtree Plaza in downtown Atlanta, The Sun Dial Restaurant, Bar & View is an experience before the food even hits your plate. The tri-level complex features a revolving dining room with panoramic views. The upscale restaurant showcases seasonal, contemporary American cuisine and live jazz. In summertime, try the Southern trio - cornmeal-breaded okra, fried green tomatoes, cheese grits cake with green tomato jam and spicy remoulade.
2. Canoe. In the Paces neighborhood, a stunning riverside dining venue, Canoe, serves up fancy Southern fare. It’s also a hot brunch spot, so try out the Georgia pecan sticky buns. At dinnertime, take a pre- or post-dinner stroll through the colorful gardens along the Chattahoochee River. Off the menu, spring for the Georgia mountain trout with sweet pepper and celery root risotto, doused in an Andouille crab broth.
3. Vortex Bar and Grill. A sassy and saucy food experience awaits at the famed biker burger joint Vortex Bar and Grill with locations in Midtown and the quirky Little Five Points neighborhood. Vortex serves up no-nonsense, all-American food. You can’t miss its Little Five Points location with the eye-catching skeleton entrance. The dining experience comes with some with hard-core “rules,” (posted on the wall), including an Idiot-Free zone with the Laughing Skull lounge. Deliciously politically incorrect, Vortex still manages to satisfy the ethically-conscious types with black bean burgers and veggie patties - stacked high with elaborate toppings.
4. Fox Bros. For another laid-back, but enriching food experience, try the barbecue best at Fox Bros. Barbecue. Known for its Brunswick stew, brisket chili, babyback ribs and pulled pork, the taste of the food is not undermined by the value.
5. Bacchanalia. A trendy spot, Bacchanalia, is consistently rated as a top Atlanta restaurant, offering a five-course prix fixe menu. The seasonal menu is composed entirely of organic ingredients, many from the chefs and owners’ own farm. The result is fresh, contemporary American cuisine that transports.