Answers from Our Experts (1)
Atlanta offers spectacular romantic excursions and cozy intimate dining for you and your partner.
1. The Sun Dial Restaurant, Bar & View. Your breath will be taken away at The Sun Dial Restaurant, Bar & View at the top of the 73-story Westin Peachtree Plaza in downtown Atlanta. The tri-level complex showcases a revolving upscale restaurant with panoramic skyline views. Enjoy seasonal, contemporary American cuisine and live jazz.
2. Nikolai’s Roof. Another spectacular skyline scenic spot is Nikolai’s Roof at the Hilton, where continental French cuisine meets a 180-degree view through floor to ceiling windows. The chef infuses Russian inspiration into the fine dining experience. Try the pan-seared foie gras with caramelized Arkansas apples and roasted bacon in a black truffle demi-glaze Piroskis.
3. The Woodfire Grill. The Woodfire Grill is an upscale, yet down to earth, seasonal masterpiece penned by Top Chef fan-favorite finalist Kevin Gillespie. With a menu that changes daily, Gillespie crafts his plates from the bounty of small local farms, as well as sustainable beef, lamb, pork, poultry and seafood. The fire-roasted menu is made up of courses, as well as a special chef’s tasting menu. Enjoy handcrafted, seasonal cocktails as you wait to be seated in the intimate, sleek and warm environment.
4. Alfredo’s. Alfredo’s serves up an authentic taste of Italy with famed veal dishes. The chef prepares fresh seafood and innovative specialties, as well as decadent desserts. Try the finely crafted tiramisu made with top-notch ricotta.
5. Canoe. In the Paces neighborhood, cozy up at the riverside dining venue, Canoe. The Chattahoochee is the décor for this upscale spot, complete with tablecloths and fancy Southern fare. A hot brunch spot, as well, it’s an oasis from the Atlanta bustle. Keep it casual with Georgia pecan sticky buns, or for dinner, try the Georgia mountain trout with sweet pepper and celery root risotto, doused in an Andouille crab broth. Enjoy an after-dinner stroll through the colorful gardens.