Answers from Our Experts (1)
While the glitzy nightlife scene is geared toward adults, kids can have a blast during the day in Atlantic City. From games and rides at Steel Pier to the long stretch of beaches, your little ones won’t be short on things to do. Our Forbes Travel Guide editors recommend these five things to do with kids in Atlantic City:
1. Hit the beach. The beaches are wide but they can get crowded with plenty of playmates for your kids. The thick sand makes for primo sandcastle building, and summertime water temperatures reach up to 70 degrees.
2. Explore the boardwalk. Lined with restaurants, shops and hotels, the Atlantic City Boardwalk is known as the grandfather of American boardwalks (it is said to be the first). Kids can play games at arcades, indulge in candy and fuel up at one of many kid-friendly restaurants on the seaside strip.
3. Play on Steel Pier. This is where kids can be kids, no matter how old they are. Steel Pier is home to dozens of amusement park games and thrill rides. Take a spin on the double-decker carousel or a heart pumping turn on the Sea Dragon.
4. Tee off. Break from the beach and challenge your kids to a round of mini-golf. Atlantic City Miniature Golf has realistic contours, great views and is located right on the boardwalk.
5. Rent bikes. You’ll have to get up early if you want to ride on the boardwalk, as bikes aren’t allowed on the wooden walkway after 10 a.m. Rent a surrey (a multi-person, four-wheeled bike) for whole-family fun.