An oceanfront luxury spa in Bali
Situated inside one of the traditional huts that makes up picturesque Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, The Healing Village Spa at Jimbaran Bay offers a holistic spa experience that goes well beyond physical indulgences.
With its roots firmly planted in Balinese traditions, the spa features nature-inspired treatments that aim to heal the physical body to facilitate the healing of the mind and soul.
The eight luxurious treatment rooms feature massage beds, a Swiss shower and wet and dry treatment areas. There’s also a salon, a relaxation area to reflect in silence, an outdoor terrace and a bar that serves organic juices, traditional jamu tonics, smoothies, tea and coffee.
While most holistic treatments are deeply rooted in ancient rituals, technology-based services are also available — here you can experience both a chakra-balancing massage and a machine-based facial that uses supercharged sapphire crystals to invigorating effect.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• Within the oceanfront resort, the spa and its treatment rooms are surrounded by lush greenery and are very serene.
• Get a treatment in a secluded bale (or pavilion) on the edge of a tropical garden overlooking the Indian Ocean. No spa music is necessary here, as the rhythmic sound of ocean waves will lull you into a stupor.
• The Bali spa features its own in-house healing practitioners. The resident healer, Ibu Jero, is a Balinese high priestess and can facilitate spiritual healing by channeling energy and helping release trauma.
• The bespoke Blessing of Bali service incorporates local traditions that emphasize physical and mental wellbeing. It starts with a yoga session at the resort’s oceanfront bale, followed by a sound bath that vibrates healing energy using a gong, and ends with a Balinese massage and an oceanfront blessing ceremony that employs cleansing water and fragrant local flowers.
• Some facials are performed using Ila products, an organic wellness brand based in the U.K. These services combine pure modern products with ancient traditions to improve both skin and your sense of wellbeing.
What to Know
• Book in advance if you want to experience a treatment at a beachfront bale — there are only three bungalows available and they book quickly.
• Honeymooners should try the couples therapy Welas Asih, which translates as “the capacity for love and compassion.” The ritual uses oil and warm rose quartz to restore equilibrium in the heart chakra, said to strengthen the connection with your partner.
• The Spa Time Package is a convenient way to book time at the Healing Village without committing to a treatment — it allows you to pre-purchase slots in five- to 10-hour increments and is more cost-effective.
• For supple skin, try the machine-based transdermal application facial, which applies highly targeted serums to the face at supersonic speed for deep penetration.
• A private salon offers complete beauty services, including hair care, manicures and pedicures.
• The massages are performed using the spa’s signature oil blends. Choose from the four options: grounding, calming, uplifting or purifying.
• Suara Jimbaran is an unusual treatment but worth the experience — the sound bath features the vibration of Balinese gongs to release tension and facilitate healing in the heart and mind chakras. A glass stone massage follows.
• The Aura-soma Chakra Balance massage is a new treatment unique to the luxury spa. It uses different colors of Aura-Soma Equilibrium oils to heal corresponding chakras with a light touch massage.
• At the salon, the Crème Hair Bath service combines a nourishing scalp massage with organic ginseng, avocado or aloe vera cream, which is followed by warm steam and a relaxing neck and shoulder massage.
• Single treatment rooms feature en suite showers while the Royal Suite for couples is within a large outdoor garden and comes with a cold plunge pool, bathtub and private steam room.
• Nirvana Shanti yoga bale provides complimentary daily yoga classes at its oceanside setting. Pick from a slew of yoga classes, including anti-gravity, hatha, yin yoga and nighttime fire yoga.
• The salon includes four hair stations, two manicure and pedicure stations, a separate area for cream baths and traditional hair oil treatments.
• A fully equipped fitness center with personal trainers is inside the Bali spa facilities, too.
• The spa gift shop sells the resort’s signature oil blends, Ila spa products as well as books and CDs on holistic healing and self-improvement.