Answers from Our Experts (1)
When staying at The Opposite House Beijing, there are plenty of options to choose from for eating and drinking, but these are our top picks at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel.
1. Cocktails. Enjoy a range of specialty cocktails from the hotel’s bar Mesh — favorites include the watermelon and chili martini that’s made with vodka, Absolut citron, fresh watermelon, chili and orange, or more standard cocktails like a Manhattan or Negroni.
2. Lamb cigars with tzatziki. We love the starters at Sureño that are made with a phyllo dough filled and braised Australian lamb shoulder, leeks and onions and served with a tzatziki sauce.
3. The Branzino for two. This delicate filet at Sureño is baked with Maldon sea salt and served with greens and is the perfect sharing dish for two.
4. Shredded chicken salad with coconut chili and lime. Available in a large or small portion, this light salad at the Village Café is served with firm green beans, cherry tomatoes and onions dressed in a refreshing lime-based vinaigrette.
5. Stir-fried mixed mushrooms with oyster sauce. This light at healthy side item at the Village Café includes a delicious variety of thinly sliced mushrooms that are perfectly sautéed and topped with flavorful oyster sauce.