Answers from Our Experts (1)
You’ll find there’s no shortage of luxury hotels that meet international standards for comfort and style in Beirut. Here are Forbes Travel Guide editors’ picks for the five best places to stay in Beirut:
1. InterContinental Phoenicia Beirut. When it opened 50 years ago, this hotel set a standard for international luxury hotels in the region. The updated InterContinental Phoenicia, with its ocean views and sumptuous rooms, is still a landmark for luxury on the Mediterranean.
2. Le Gray Beirut. This contemporary boutique hotel offers a level of style and opulence that are unique. Nearly all of the 87 rooms here are suites, and they’re decked out with everything from décor by Gordon Campbell Gray and Mary Fox Linton to state-of-the-art technology including complimentary Wi-Fi and high definition televisions.
3. Le Royal Hotel Beirut. For a regal experience, leave your room with all its modern conveniences and head to the Royal SPA, a three-level space with ocean views, Turkish baths and many unique treatments. Le Jardin du Royal is the high-end restaurant on site and kids will love the rides at the hotel’s Watergate Aqua Park. Attractions including Jeita Grotto, Byblos and Casino du Liban are just a short distance away.
4. Four Seasons Hotel Beirut. Built in 2009 on the sea, The Four Seasons Beirut is a thoroughly modern hotel that offers friendly service and an acclaimed spa. The rooftop terrace on the 26th floor is the place to take a swim, relax or just enjoy the panoramic views.
5. InterContinental Le Vendome Beirut. Set on the Corniche promenade, Le Vendome offers views of both the mountains and the oceans. Rooms are classic with modern conveniences and the hotel is boutique-sized, meaning guests get every attention.