Answers from Our Experts (1)
Beirut is all about atmosphere and your kids will find it a fascinating and lively place, no matter where you go. Here, though, are five things to do that Forbes Travel Guide editors say will be especially fascinating for kids:
1. Go ride a bike. Head to the long seaside promenade known as the Corniche and rent bicycles from Beirut by Bike. The whole family will enjoy pedaling past scenic points along the Mediterranean. They even offer lessons for beginners.
2. Explore Jeita Grotto. A short ride from Beirut, the Jeita Grotto has stunning natural rock formations that resemble mushrooms, curtains and columns. Walk through the upper part, and then tour the lower portion in a small boat.
3. Spend a day at Lunapark. This seaside amusement park just off the Corniche has a Ferris wheel, bumper cars and games of chance that are thrilling for kids of any age.
4. Get crafty at Busy Box. This unique arts and crafts studio in Hamra is a place where both parents and kids can use their artistic talents to do everything from drawing to painting pictures to decorating ceramics.
5. Go hiking. Tour guides offer hikes at all levels around the picturesque mountains and valleys of Lebanon. Forbes Travel Guide editors recommend you book your hike in advance, as they are usually first come, first served.