Answers from Our Experts (1)
Dining in Belize is a dream. Fresh seafood, ocean breezes, sunsets—it doesn’t get more romantic or relaxing. These requirements are practically the common denominator. Beyond the basics, Belize has a number of top-notch restaurants as well as welcoming, simple-but-satisfying eateries. It’s tough to choose, but these are a few of Forbes Travel Guide’s editors’ picks for the best places to eat in Belize.
1. Harbour View. One of Belize City’s finest dining experiences, the Harbour View grazes the water’s edge, offering unparalleled Caribbean views and fresh, Asian-fused seafood staples.
2. Elvi’s Kitchen,. For unparalleled island charm, head to Elvi’s Kitchen in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye, where you’ll find picnic tables, a thatched roof, a sandy floor and the best conch fritters in town.
3. Palmilla. Belize’s most refined dining can be found on Ambergris Caye, where chefs whip up imaginative meals from market-fresh ingredients. The unique blends of spices, internationally inspired cuisine and candlelit ambiance create an unforgettable, alfresco dining experience under the stars.
4. Dit’s Saloon,. If you’re craving a laid-back, simple lunch, Dit’s Saloon in Belize City is a must-try staple. With its floral placemats and home-style cooking, the café’s character almost rivals its famous fried chicken, conch soup and heavenly baked goods.
5. Habaneros. One of Caye Caulker’s most touted restaurants, Habaneros boasts an eclectic menu with far-flung Asian inspiration, open-air seating and funky jazz music.