Answers from Our Experts (1)
Berlin is filled with both Old World luxury and modern-day gems. Here are the five best places to stay in the city:
1. Hotel Adlon. Sitting in the shadow of Brandenburg Gate, the Adlon has welcomed heads of state, power brokers and boldfaced names for decades The interiors are a welcoming combination of dark woods and cream highlights, and amenities abound. Inside the guest rooms, you’ll be treated to free Wi-Fi (a rarity in Berlin hotels) and the latest entertainment options. The hotel even has its own nightclub — just flash your room key and skip the line.
2. The Mandala Hotel. Each room is large and comes with windows that open, small kitchens, walk-in closets and modern workspaces. Mandala Hotel pulses along with the life of Potsdamer Platz. And just a few streets away is…
3. The Mandala Suites. This is Mandala Hotel’s more serene sister. It has rooms that overlook a courtyard and an eighth-floor restaurant, from which you watch the city life below.
4. NHow Berlin. Perched over the Spree River on the former dividing line between East and West Berlin, this retro-futuristic design hotel focuses on music. The hotel features two recording studios — which have been used by chart-toppers like Jessie J and N.E.R.D. — and room service will gladly bring you a guitar or keyboard.
5. Schlosshotel Im Grunewald. It doesn’t get much more elegant than this hotel, located in a former mansion on a tree-lined street. A design renovation by Karl Lagerfeld gave the hotel an even cozier touch, punctuating the space with chandeliers, plush red rugs and gold-leaf designs. Top amenities include an indoor heated pool and an Audi that will pick you up at the airport.