Answers from Our Experts (1)
In Bermuda, because there are no rental cars and private transportation is costly and unpredictable at evening time, visitors oftentimes prefer to dine at or near their hotels, so it is wise to bear this in mind when choosing your preferred lodging. Here, according to our Forbes Travel Guide editors, are the five best places to eat in Bermuda:
1. Waterlot Inn. A hearty mélange of steak and seafood options on the menu at this nautically historic restaurant will tempt even the most discerning of fine diners. After dining at the restaurant in The Fairmont Southampton, relax afterwards with Cuban cigars and cognac.
2. Harbourfront Restaurant & Komodaru Sushi Lounge. Here the dining is delectable and the people and surrounds are chic and fashionable. European fare strangely, yet stylishly, complements specialty sushi rolls and nigiri. Set in downtown Hamilton, this happening restaurant can fill up fast; so be sure to book a reservation.
3. The Point Restaurant. Opulent and luxurious, Tucker’s Point Hotel’s fine dining restaurant is a trinity of exquisiteness; impeccable service, sophisticated atmosphere, and haute Mediterranean cuisine served in the company of fine wines.
4. Black Horse Tavern. Known for serving up the most authentic Bermudian fare on the island, this quaint restaurant resembles a private home. The food is so fresh, that fish served at dinner was most likely caught that morning.
5. Fourways Inn. One of the most elegant dining venues on the island can be found in an impeccably restored 17th century English manor house. Decidedly French, the cuisine is created with seasonal produce and local seafood.