Answers from Our Experts (1)
As a discerning traveler, there are a host of luxurious and well-appointed Bermudian lodging options available to suit your tastes. From first-rate service to fine-dining restaurants, our Forbes Travel Guide editors recommend the following five places to stay when visiting Bermuda:
1. Mandarin Oriental Elbow Beach. Majestically overlooking its one-half mile pink sand beach, this understated hotel is a favorite with those seeking a more intimate and Zen-type experience, though families love it too thanks to the onsite beach, children’s programs and babysitting options.
2. Fairmont Southampton Resort & Spa. Perched at the highest point on the island, this 400+ guestroom luxury resort is the island’s largest and most comprehensive, offering four onsite restaurants, an 18-hole golf course, the luxurious Willow Stream Spa, tennis courts, a private beach and a dive shop.
3. Rosewood Tucker’s Point Hotel & Spa. Nestled above Castle Harbour on the far side of the island and surrounded by long fairways and glitzy private homes, this newly-opened opulent boutique hotel is most highly sought after by honeymooners, business executives (thanks to its proximity to the airport) and celebrities.
4. Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa. With gorgeous sprawling grounds and gardens, this distinctly clubby, private and decidedly upscale staid hotel is a popular option for wealthy honeymooners, trust fund beneficiaries, and distinctly mature and discerning guests.
5. Pink Beach Club & Cottages. For those seeking a quaintly elegant, friendly and relaxed Bermudian atmosphere this expansive and family-friendly cottage colony resort provides a discreet respite from the more traditional resort atmosphere elsewhere on the island. The resort also boasts golf, tennis (tennis lessons) and its own luxe spa.