Answers from Our Experts (1)
Whether at the beach, harbor or poolside, water activities provide the most attractive options for kids, ranging in age from toddlers to teenagers. Here are our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ picks for how to keep the tots entertained in Bermuda:
1. Beach activities. There are countless kid-friendly beaches in Bermuda, most under populated, if not completely vacant in the off and shoulder seasons. For great beachcombing and sand castle-building opportunities, public restroom access, lifeguards (during high season), and waters protected by coral reefs, visit Elbow Beach or Horseshoe Bay.
2. Trek the Bermuda Railway Trail. Rent bikes and gently pedal (or ride horseback) along the trail of this former island railway that spans the entire length of the island.
3. Water Sports. For adventurous big kids, rent a jet ski and take a spin around Great Sound. For the whole family, enjoy a glass-bottom boat ride or rent a boat and find a secluded beach or harbor and set up a picnic and go snorkeling.
4. Golf at the Fairmont Southampton Golf Club’s 3-par course. Young golf devotees will appreciate the rolling greens, the seaside views and water hazards at this course.
5. Museums, Aquariums and Zoo. Don’t miss out on Bermuda’s colorful and engaging cultural offerings including its Aquarium, Museum & Zoo complex near Flatts Village, the Bermuda Maritime Museum and Dolphin Quest at the Naval Dockyards, as well as the Devil’s Hole Aquarium at Harrington Sound.