Answers from Our Experts (1)
From larger resorts to charming boutique hotels, array of options when choosing a place to stay in Birmingham. Forbes Travel Guide’s editors have done the footwork for you and narrowed it down to the best five:
1. Hotel Highland at Five Points South. In the historic southside of town, this spot is within walking distance of fine dining. The hotel has 63 guestrooms decked out with modern décor.
2. The Historic Tutwiler Hotel. This recently remodeled historic hotel is in the center of downtown near the financial district, the Museum of Art and The Birmingham Library. We love the valet services, the fine dining options and the business amenities.
3. Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa. This hotel is off the beaten path, surrounded by lakes and woodlands. This is a good spot for a quieter hotel option with bike rentals and heated pools and golf.
4. Aloft Soho Square. This Starwood-owned hotel is a modern, minimalistic spot in the heart of the Homewood neighborhood and Soho Square shopping district.
5. The Wynfrey Hotel. For southern hospitality at its finest, book a night at The Wynfrey. Dine at the hotel’s steak house, then head to the rooftop hot tub for a soak. The hotel is connected to the Riverchase Galleria Mall, where you can pop in to the 200 plus shops.