Answers from Our Experts (1)
From high-end fashion houses to the myriad mom-and-pop shops littering small streets, great shopping is all around you in Birmingham. Here are a few of Forbes Travel Guide’s editors’ favorite shopping spots:
1. The Summit. For an upscale outdoor shopping experience, this is best for lots of high-end outdoor shopping and plenty of restaurants. Some shops include Saks Fifth Avenue, Brooks Brothers and Williams-Sonoma.
2. Colonial Brookwood Village. This mall has a combination of outdoor and indoor shopping/dining, including Banana Republic and New York & Company.
3. Riverchase Galleria Mall. This is Birmingham’s largest enclosed shopping mall and features a popular carousel for kids in the center of the food court.
4. Mountain Brook. Mountain Brook’s three historic villages have high-end shopping and mom-and-pop shops in quaint village atmospheres.
5. Soho Square. Visit Soho Square in Homewood for live music and outdoor restaurants in the square and shops such as Merle Norman and Laney’s place.