Answers from Our Experts (1)
Locals love Boise for feeling like a little big city. On the one hand, the place feels small and easy to get around. However, on the other hand, Boise is big enough to offer a wide variety of quality dining options.
1. Start your day with breakfast at Goldy’s Breakfast Bistro. As a thriving local favorite, there is a good chance you may have to be patient for a table, but the spinach frittata, Andalusia eggs or whatever you order at this downtown breakfast nook makes the wait worthwhile.
2. A relative newcomer to downtown Boise, Fork has quickly become a favorite place to dine among local foodies. The restaurant’s unique ambience and Northwest-focused menu create a memorable experience for diners interested in trying something new.
3. If you find yourself in a burger-and-fries kind of mood, head over to the Boise Fry Company. Try an order of purple fries with a bison burger, and experiment with their wide variety of flavored ketchups and salts. Savor the experience, because the vast majority of their food is natural, local and organic.
4. For a coffeehouse setting, try Salt Tears Coffeehouse & Noshery in West Boise. In addition to a full menu of caffeinated brews, you can also fill up on uniquely crafted sandwiches, soups and snacks.
5. When you’re in West Boise for breakfast or lunch, The Egg Factory is another local favorite for early morning classics made from scratch as well as a rotating menu of specials.