Answers from Our Experts (1)
Boise’s kids love the outdoors just as much as the adults. With the activities listed below, you can participate in a variety of fresh-air experiences as a family.
1. The trails throughout the foothills, along the outskirts of town, offer kids a novel place to run and explore. As a bonus, the openness of the area allows parents to easily keep an eye on their little ones if they run ahead.
2. Eagle Island State Park, a few miles outside of Boise, provides another open space for running. The park also has the added attractions of a water slide, Frisbee golf course, paddleboat rentals and more.
3. When your kids are itching to get in the water, the Roaring Springs Waterpark offers a range of waterslides to accommodate both daring and cautious visitors. They also have dedicated areas for younger kiddos and for those who prefer a more leisurely dip in the pool.
4. Animal lovers adore Zoo Boise not only for its animals, but also for its educational focus on wildlife conservation. While you’re there, make time to feed the giraffes and visit the sloth bear.
5. Of course, there are some days where staying indoors is best. Fortunately, the Discovery Centre offers kids and their parents scientific adventures with hands-on exhibits.