Answers from Our Experts (1)
Boulder residents known for working hard, playing hard and eating well. Want in on the action? Our Forbes Travel Guide editors picked the best food experiences for you to feel like a local:
1. Visit Jax Fish House. Jax’s raw bar offers up to a dozen different varieties of oysters nightly, as well as clams, chilled crabs and lobsters. It’s all flown in daily.
2. Go to Upstairs at The Kitchen. Next door to The Kitchen restaurant, this spot is an intimate lounge and bar that offers a small menu of locally sourced, organic cuisine. The hundred-plus beer and wine list will knock your socks off.
3. Rethink the definition of fast food. Visit Lark Burger where all-natural, black Angus beef burgers are paired with fresh ingredients and served with fries infused with truffle oil and parmesan. For an extra indulgence, add a hormone-free milkshakes.
4. Stop by Zolo Southwestern Grill for upscale comfort food. The BBQ duck tacos and the fresh and chunky guacamole here are worth the visit alone. The atmosphere is upscale, and the food is innovative and hearty.
5. Sit down for breakfast at Lucile’s. This decades-old restaurant occupies an old Victorian house in North Boulder and some say it’s the best breakfast in town. Specialties include Southern Louisiana style chicory coffee and beignets.