Answers from Our Experts (1)
Brisbane offers the usual range of accommodations, from luxury international brands to cheap and cheerful motels. Here are some of our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ picks for the best places to stay in Brisbane:
1. Emporium Hotel. It may only be five years old but the Emporium Hotel has already garnered a long list of awards. Located in the trendy inner-city suburb Fortitude Valley, this luxury boutique hotel features 102 custom-designed suites and facilities including a chic cocktail bar, French bistro, outdoor terrace and heated lap pool.
2. Treasury Casino & Hotel. Located close to the Brisbane River, right in the centre of the city, Treasury Casino & Hotel offers luxury rooms in a unique heritage building. Once you’ve had a flutter in the casino or made the most of the on-site bars, restaurants and entertainment, head back to your room to enjoy the modern in-room facilities, including exclusively-designed pillow top beds.
3. Chester’s Hotel. What this family-owned boutique hotel lacks in size (it only has 10 rooms), it makes up for with its contemporary design and luxurious facilities. It’s in the heart of the Fortitude Valley entertainment precinct but if you fancy staying in, the rooftop bar is open from 5 p.m. each night for the exclusive use of guests.
4. Limes Hotel Brisbane. It’s considered one of the trendiest hotels in Australia and it’s not difficult to see why. Designed by Argentinean-born Alexander Lotersztain, the boutique hotel in Fortitude Valley features a rooftop bar and cinema, and all rooms have individually hand-painted feature walls.
5. Stamford Plaza Brisbane. Every single room has a view of the Brisbane River in this beautiful grand hotel, which also features an outdoor pool and multiple restaurants and bars and is located between the river and the city’s gorgeous Botanic Gardens.