Answers from Our Experts (1)
Budapest is a kid-friendly destination with plenty of activities, museums and attractions to keep your little ones entertained. Here are five of Forbes Travel Guide’s editors’ favorite things to do with kids:
1. See the Budapest Zoo. Always a favorite with kids, the Budapest Zoo's Kindergarten is a great place to get up close with various baby animals. With many different animals from all over the world and a large botanical garden, the zoo is an ideal family destination. Don't miss the guided evening walks offered during the summer months.
2. Visit the Palace of Miracles. This interactive museum designed for children is a fun place to learn about basic scientific principles for kids of all ages. This is one of the few museums where it’s actually mandatory to touch the exhibits.
3. Explore Margaret Island. This beautiful green island in the middle of the Danube offers a wide range of activities. You’ll find a petting zoo, a water park, a water tower with panoramic views and Romanesque ruins dating back to the 12th century. Vehicles are prohibited, but bicycle rental is available on the island.
4. Ride the Children's Railway. Located in the Buda Hills, this railway track leads through some of the most scenic spots just outside the city. What makes this ride special is that children with adult supervision run the railway.
5. Splash at Aquaworld. Rain or shine, you can't go wrong with one of Europe's largest water parks. Aquaworld boasts 17 pools, 11 slides, a separate area called Kids' World and a playhouse.