Answers from Our Experts (2)
As an epicenter of the stylish and enjoyable, it's no surprise that Buenos Aires lodging is also fun and forward-thinking. Here are the five best places our Forbes Travel Guide editors recommend staying if you're in Buenos Aires.
1. Four Seasons Buenos Aires. Though any one of the 117 guest rooms at the luxurious Four Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires would be a comfortable retreat, we recommend booking one of the seven specialty suites housed in a Belle Epoque-style mansion adjacent to the main hotel. The former home of a ranching heir (built in 1916), the sumptuous suites have a more classic design style compared to the slightly contemporary main hotel rooms.
2. Faena Hotel. This Puerto Madero mainstay boasts opulence and Philippe Starck décor, but is a bit further from the sites that you'll want to explore while in town. However, it makes up for location by going above and beyond with everything from the poolside DJ sets to the to-die-for spa.
3. Park Hyatt Buenos Aires. Located in Recoleta, Palacio Duhau, home to Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, manages to mix new (clean, contemporary furnishings) with old (a Belle Epoque building with plenty of grand fireplaces, moldings and classic flourishes). Make a date for Duhau Restaurante & Vinoteca, the signature restaurant, where you’ll find hearty steaks and a full wine list of local bottles.
4. Nuss Hotel. Close to the bustle of Plaza Serrano, Nuss Hotel in Palermo Soho has a low-key yet upscale take on things, and has preserved touches of the convent that formerly occupied the space by keeping its central patio.
5. Jardin Escondido. Stay in filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola’s own Buenos Aires villa, available to rent in its entirety or for individual stays in the stylish Palermo Soho neighborhood. The intimate property comes with a full-time housekeeper and English-speaking concierge.
1. Alvear Palace Hotel. The regal grand-dame of the Recoleta district is the place where Presidents and visiting dignitaries go when they want to spend the night in this vibrant city. The display of flags in the front of this five star establishment welcome all nationalities into the opulent, old-world hotel built of marble and accented in gold and rich tapestries. The hotel also boasts one of the best spas in the city.
2. Park Hyatt Palace Duhau. Another regal, modern palace of an establishment, this hotel nestled on in the heart of Recoleta is private and urban, with the rich chic of glorious palatial facade and grounds to match. Rooms are decorated tastefully with timeless antiques, and the spa is second to none.
3. Four Seasons Buenos Aires. A stay at the Four Seasons is impeccable no matter where you go. At the Four Seasons in Buenos Aires, you'll find luxury and comfort, along with an old world beauty that is at once elegant as it is comforting. Well-located in the Recoleta close to shops and restaurants.
4. Faena Hotel + Universe. Step into the otherworldly opulence of Philippe Starck's design genius, where everything is grand and striking. Bright white, mirrors, rich purples, a sultry tango hall, a fabulous pool. Faena is both a hotel and it's own universe, a place where you can take respite from the hustle and bustle of Buenos Aires and languish the day away in its stunning splendor.