Answers from Our Experts (1)
Between the crispy Neapolitan-style pizza, fresh grilled lobsters and lemon-flavored desserts, eating in Capri captures the essence of the Mediterranean. You can’t go wrong dining in Forbes Travel Guide editors’ picks for the five best places to eat in Capri:
1. Ristorante da Paolino. Located on the Marina Grande “under a sea of lemons,” Ristorante da Paolino has been a local staple for decades — and it’s no surprise. This simple, family-run eatery serves up a savory antipasto buffet and arguably the island’s best calamari. Don’t leave without trying its famous housemade limoncello.
2. L’Olivo. Part of the Capri Palace Hotel and Spa in Anacapri, this award-winning restaurant is a luxurious and unique dining experience. From its intimate decor and stone fireplaces to the exquisite ingredients and innovative interpretations of Mediterranean cuisine, L’Olivo lives up to its exemplary reputation.
3. La Terrazza di Lucullo. Located 1,000 feet above the sea in the luxurious Caesar Augustus Hotel, La Terrazza di Lucullo offers breathtaking views and authentic Mediterranean flavors like pumpkin gnocchi with black truffle, tagliolini with sea urchin, and fresh crab with thyme.
4. Ristorante Faraglioni. Famous for its high-profile clientele — and steep prices — Faraglioni is as nostalgic as it is fashionable. Frescoes line the walls, traditional straw canopies blanket each candlelit table and the wine list seems to scroll forever. Don’t leave here without trying the lemon risotto.
5. Ristorante Pizzeria Longano. Looking for the island’s best pizza? Stop into Ristorante Pizzeria Longano, where only the lively atmosphere rivals the pies. Don’t be put off by the Longano’s informal ambiance — the food is serious.