Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are a lot of great things about Park Hyatt Chicago, but here’s what we think are the best:
1. Location. If you’re in town for business like many people visiting the hotel are, be sure to leave room in your luggage because you will most certainly be able to squeeze in a little shopping. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is located right on Michigan Avenue near all of Chicago’s major shopping. Ralph Lauren is right across the street; designer boutique-lined Oak Street is a five-minute walk to the north; and just about every shop you can think lines the Magnificent Mile heading south.
2. Food. NoMI Kitchen is popular with both locals and hotel guests. The vivacious space with an open kitchen offers great views of the city and ingredient-driven dishes. We love the sushi and yummy breakfast.
3. Lounge. Also popular with locals, the bar and lounge is known for its excellent cocktails. We love the wine list, the drinks made with fresh ingredients, and the tasty bites like the hamachi marinated in white wine, shiso and red lava salt.
4. Gym. Park Hyatt Chicago has one of the best-equipped gyms we’ve seen in an urban area. We’ve worked out in more than our fair share of fitness centers but the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel's gym has loads of cardio and strength equipment, handy fitness tools such as bands and yoga mats, and a pool.
5. Free coffee in the lobby. The lobby of the Chicago luxury hotel includes a large space when you walk in that’s set up with a sofa and chairs around a large cocktail table, with a huge Gerhard Richter Piazza del Duomo painting on a burgundy wall. To the left of the main lobby is another space with a variety of seating and a pantry in the back that’s stocked with coffee, tea and even little treats from NoMI Kitchen chefs. We gobbled up some yummy peanut financiers on our last visit. You can also come here to grab bottled water or soda any time of the day.