Answers from Our Experts (2)
1. Lobster Brioche. The lobster, spinach and poached egg on griddled brioche, with hollandaise, breakfast potatoes and roasted tomato is one to try for breakfast, perfectly exemplifying the refined techniques and carefully sourced ingredients that is a trademark of Sixteen.
2. Smoked Foie. A delightful way to start your lunch with kumquat, turnip and verjus served a la carte or as part of Sixteen’s enchanting six course tasting menu.
3. Specialty cocktails. The Bar at Sixteen offers a diverse menu of specialty cocktails including the must-try Sweet 16, a refreshing mixture of Grand Marnier, Benedictine, rose hip liqueur and grapefruit juice.
4. Unique wines. Pair your meal with a distinctive selection from the exceptionally curated wine program by Sommelier Parag Lalit. Lalit has thoughtfully arranged a selection of wines that achieve harmonious flavor balance with the current menu focused on seasonal ingredients.
5. Cured Duck Breast. For dinner service, a savory Cured Duck Breast with citron, pear and chestnut, is featured on the thoughtfully composed 2016 menu entitled: A Study in Ingredients. The ever-evolving menu showcases seasonal bounty and boasts a logical progression of courses. Other standout dishes include Tidal Fish and Shellfish with trofie pasta and seaweed and an exceptional Four Story Hill Farm Veal with green and white asparagus and pickled rhubarb.
It’s hard to pick the best things to order at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Sixteen because the options are endless. I had the pleasure of enjoying the restaurant’s Sunday buffet brunch with a couple of my girlfriends (along with a couple glasses of champagne). Everything was fabulous — from the food presentation and the service (our waiter gave us a tour of the buffet before we indulged) to the view and the interior décor (I just sank into the cozy cream leather chair at our table). I kept my plate full with items such as waffles, bacon, salmon nigiri, salad, a mini-cheeseburger from the kids’ station, truffle mushroom soup and so much more. Dessert was heavenly, too! I sampled a few macaroons and some tasty churros. This is definitely the place to see and be seen. As we were wrapping up our meal, a couple of the Chicago Bulls players were seated alongside a rookie from the Denver Broncos.