Answers from Our Experts (1)
Whether you’re in town for business or pleasure, you’ll have a whole range of upscale hotels to choose from in Cleveland. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s picks for the five best places to stay:
1. The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland. The Ritz-Carlton is known for a high level of luxury and service, and the Cleveland hotel is no different. You’ll get quick access to all of Tower City and the Hard Rock Café, and it is within walking distance of sports venues Quicken Loans Arena and Progressive Field.
2. Renaissance Cleveland Hotel. Originally opened in 1918, this Cleveland landmark offers you fast access to everything downtown. With a throwback renovation that reminds you of its storied past, the hotel is filled with gleaming marble and a beautiful fountain in the lobby.
3. Inn Walden. Though it’s in rural Aurora, Ohio, Inn Walden is just about 45 minutes away from Cleveland. This gorgeous luxury bed and breakfast may be set in a rustic landscape, but the spa treatments and modern amenities make it ideal for a weekend getaway.
4. Wyndham Hotel At Playhouse Square. If you’re into the arts — four Broadway-style theaters are nearby — this is likely the hotel for you. Experience guest rooms with free WiFi, a large indoor pool and a main floor restaurant and bar with views of Playhouse Square.
5. InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland. Check out one of the 23 suites in the hotel that's part of the Cleveland Clinic campus, a world-renowned research hospital. With a focus on wellness, the hotel’s C2 Restaurant, Bar and Lounge serves various Mediterranean cuisines with special mood lighting that changes throughout the day. Plus, rooms are only offered in one- or two-bedroom suites for extra relaxation space.