Answers from Our Experts (2)
Amid the plethora of pub classics Golden Bee’s known for, favorites abound. Here’s our list of the five best things to order at the casual Broadmoor restaurant:
1. Fish and chips. First and foremost are the signature fish and chips, a basket of light, crisp ale-battered cod and fries with rémoulade for dipping.
2. Cheddar-cheese soup. Devonshire cheddar-cheese soup by the cup or bowl makes for a rich starter, with plenty of ooey-gooey bites to satisfy your palate.
3. Roast beef. For a hearty meal, try the mustard-crusted roast beef doused in Stilton-mushroom gravy, followed by the bangers and mash smothered in whiskey-spiked onions.
4. EsBee. Brewed exclusively for the Bee by Colorado Springs’s own Bristol Brewing Company, the 50th Anniversary ESBee — a traditional English bitter — is a must for ale aficionados.
5. Cheese spread. One of the best things on offer comes free at the Bee: the crock of delicious cheese spread that accompanies your cracker basket.
The five best things to order at The Golden Bee are The Bee’s authentic fish and chips, shepherd’s pie, the G.B. lamb burger and chips, Devonshire cheddar cheese soup and the Piccadilly Reuben.