Answers from Our Experts (2)
The menu at the Tavern is filled with juicy chops, rich sides and delectable desserts, and the large selection can seem a bit daunting. Here’s our list of the five best things to order:
1. Prime rib. Above all, the Tavern is known as a chophouse, so you can’t go wrong with your favorite cut, though the prime rib with horseradish sauce is a special treat.
2. Burger. If your appetite isn’t big enough for the 14-ounce prime rib, opt for the signature 12-ounce chophouse burger. The thick, juicy patty comes with your choice of toppings.
3. Shellfish platter. The chilled shellfish platter overflows with oysters and clams on the half-shell, crab legs and claws, shrimp, mussels and scallops. Of course, it’s all served with more horseradish sauce as well as cocktail sauce.
4. Stuffed mushrooms. Mushrooms stuffed with spinach and sausage and accompanied by Gouda fondue boast retro appeal.
5. Mousse. To cap off your hearty and indulgent meal, order the creamy Belgian chocolate mousse, garnished with a Pirouette cookie and chocolate curl.
The five best things to order at the Tavern are a steak, a seafood dish, the New England clam chowder, the chophouse burger and any of the desserts.