Answers from Our Experts (1)
You’ll find plenty of delicious food experiences in Colorado Springs. Of course, it’s not the biggest foodie town, but you’ll still go home with a happy stomach. Here’s our list of the five best food experiences:
1. Five-Star Penrose Room at The Broadmoor is the cream of Colorado Springs’ dining experiences. It’s famed far and wide for its elaborate décor and tasting menus amid panoramic views and live music for dancing.
2. The Broadmoor also boasts another spectacular favorite in the Lake Terrace Dining Room’s Sunday brunch, which pulls out all the stops, lining its lavish buffet with as many as 100 different items.
3. The Craftwood Inn, set in what were once the coppersmith’s quarters in Manitou Springs, is notable for its focus on game: at any given time, the contemporary menu features wild boar, deer, rattlesnake, elk, even antelope.
4. The Cliff House at Pikes Peak, meanwhile, blends Rocky Mountain charm with urbane culinary style. (yes, it is view-blessed.).
5. Restless foodies, meanwhile, might consider a trek to Denver, where another uniquely Colorado gem is to be found: both the décor and the menu at Beatrice and Woodsley derive inspiration from local history, and the result is positively magical — think aspen trunks, wall-mounted chainsaws and delicacies ranging from goat to guinea fowl.