Answers from Our Experts (1)
For a city centered around design, Copenhagen is short on highly luxurious places to stay. But the city does boast a handful of hotels with great service, lovely rooms and convenient locations where you’ll be more than happy to rest your head after a day on the town. Here are our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ top five picks for where to stay in Copenhagen:
1. First Hotel Skt Petri. This cool boutique hotel situated in the middle of town has a convenient location for walking or biking — you can rent bikes from the hotel — anywhere in Copenhagen. Popular with fashion types, you can people-watch in the hotel’s cocktail bar or work off your indulgent Copenhagen meals in the large 24-hour gym right next door.
2. Nimb Hotel. One of the most exclusive hotels in town, the 14 rooms at the Nimb are all individually designed; nine of those rooms are suites and all but one have fireplaces and overlook Tivoli Gardens. This Moorish palace is the ideal place to sleep in Copenhagen if you’re after amazing service and want to be close to fine dining at the in-house Nimb Louise restaurant.
3. Front Hotel. This 131-room boutique style hotel on is relatively new bringing a touch of modern design to the picturesque harbor promenade. You’ll find the Front is long on amenities including a free mini bar stocked with water, soft drinks and beer; use of the fitness center and Wi-Fi throughout the property.
4. Copenhagen Admiral Hotel. Right on the harborfront a few minutes from Nyhavn, this 366-room hotel in an 18th-century grain warehouse has loads of charm. Each room is individually decorated but still has a nautical feel, which extends to the rest of the hotel: Items from the Royal Danish Naval Museum are displayed throughout.
5. Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Copenhagen. Designed by noted Danish architect Arne Jacobsen, this sleek high-rise hotel in the center of town is hard to miss: it has a reflective surface that reflects passing clouds. Rooms have stylish touches including the Swan chairs Jacobsen designed for the property, and there’s a gourmet Italian restaurant Alberto K on site.