Answers from Our Experts (1)
The famed Mediterranean diet is synonymous with the island of Crete, and the best restaurants across the island will give you a good idea why Cretan dishes are considered by many to be the best in the world. Here are our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ picks for five of the best places to eat in Crete:
1. Waves on the Rock. The rugged Rodopou Peninsula in Chania leads you to this excellent restaurant specializing in fresh fish.
2. Akrogiali. Enjoy a great sunset view and fresh seafood dishes at this Chania beachfront restaurant.
3. The Well of the Turk. Located in Chania’s old Turkish quarter, this restaurant features tasty cooking with a touch of Middle Eastern flair in a unique setting.
4. Prima Plora. This Rethymno restaurant offers a chic, modern atmosphere and sophisticated seafood dishes at tables by the sea.
5. Pelagos. Dine in this Agios Nikolaos restaurant’s scenic garden and enjoy an excellent selection of fresh fish with local vegetables and wine.