Answers from Our Experts (1)
In addition to plenty of beaches with safe waters for the kids to swim in, Cyprus offers a wealth of things to do for the entire family. Here are our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ picks of the best things to do with kids in Cyprus:
1. Magic Dancing Waters Show. This nightly show features fountains that dance to music. The Protaras show is complete with smoke, colored lights, lasers, fire and volcanic eruptions. The little ones will love it — and the spectacle is enough to keep your attention, as well.
2. Visit a water park. Cyprus has several water parks, but the biggest of them all is Waterworld Themed Waterpark in Ayia Napa. Boasting Greek-themed slides and attractions such as Drop to Atlantis, the Fall of Icarus and the Quest of Heracles, Europe’s largest water park is a fun day out for people of all ages.
3. Cyprus Camel Park. At this Mazotos attraction you can take a camel ride around the grounds of the park or opt for a safari ride through the countryside. You can also feed the camels and the other animals that live in the park, including ostriches, goats, ponies and donkeys. The park is equipped with an outdoor swimming pool, a pool bar and a children’s play area with a moon bounce, swings and sitting teacups.
4. Pafos Zoo. Home to many species of birds as well as tigers, white lions, giraffes, monkeys, meerkats, albino wallabies, Australian cockatoos and other animals, Pafos Zoo is ever-expanding. Kids can get up-close and personal with bunny rabbits, guinea pigs, chicks and goats in the Children’s Farm, and they’ll love the daily Parrot & Owl acrobatic shows.
5. George’s Fun Bus. As the title suggests, the sole aim of George’s Fun Bus is to have fun, and the tour is suitable for all ages. From the moment you step on-board this original Bedford bus, you won’t stop laughing and smiling. Your driver, George, will take you on a full-day alternative tour through the countryside to waterfalls, beaches and villages.