Answers from Our Experts (1)
A packing checklist for Delhi is heavily reliant on the season you’re traveling in. In the summer months (mid April to July), you must carry cooling clothes and plenty of whites to reflect the scorching heat, while in winter (November to February), woolen clothes and warm layers are most suitable to brace the city’s chill.
However, Delhi being a city with plenty of interesting and expensive shopping, you're better off packing a little cash than a lot of clothes, accessories or jewelery!
A round the year packing list includes the following:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sun screen and other sun protectors in the summer
- An umbrella in the monsoon months (July - August)
- Wet wipes
- Toilet paper (almost always missing in public bathrooms)
- Medicines to fight the Delhi belly
- Water purifying tablets (or else you must stick to mineral water bottles)