The Florida Gulf Coast is a family destination with endless offerings for kids. Here are Forbes Travel Guide editors’ picks for the best things to do with children in and around Destin:
1. The beach. Florida beaches are some of the most kid-friendly spots in the world and the gulf coast’s are no exception. Most hotels will offer you private beach access, and there are plenty of public beaches if you choose to go visit on your own.
2. Just Chute Me Parasail. Parasailing can be a great family-bonding activity (kids must be six or older). You can sail 800 feet above the Gulf of Mexico and enjoy the view of Destin and beyond from up high.
3. Kokomo Snorkeling Headquarters. A Destin snorkeling adventure can be fun for kids, as the water is relatively calm and the visibility level is very high.
4. Southern Star Dolphin Cruise. Set sail on this glass-bottom boat to see the creatures swimming beneath. You can contact the Destin cruise line ahead of time to arrange for your little ones to steer the ship.
5. Fudpucker’s Restaurant. This is more than just a restaurant. It’s a 400-seat, eight-room venue filled with activities kids will love. The restaurant has two locations in Destin and fort Walkton beach.