Answers from Our Experts (1)
Glasgow has more accommodation options than there are nights in the year — although some are obviously better than others. Here are our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ picks:
1. Hotel Du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens. This boutique hotel is set in a Victorian terrace house, but it’s in the heart of the modern and trendy West End. Enjoy the escapist vibe with the four-poster beds, modern bathrooms and service that’s a cut above the rest.
2. 15Glasgow. A converted Victorian terrace house that is within walking distance of the center, this boutique B&B offers stylish and comfortable surroundings and, most importantly, breakfast in bed.
3. Blythswood Square. Located inside a recently restored landmark building, Blythswood Square is an ultra-cool and modern spot in the heart of the city. It comes with chic guest rooms, a spa and its very own screening room.
4. Citizen M. A boutique hotel in the center of the center, Citizen M boasts 198 elegant rooms that are a cornerstone in affordable luxury. It’s got a great restaurant and bar, too.
5. Carlton George Hotel. A popular spot for business travelers (but still comfortable for leisure-seekers), Carlton George Hotel is just steps away from some of the city’s top destinations. Ask for a Club room, where you can enjoy free Wi-Fi, an iPod dock and views of West George Street.