Answers from Our Experts (1)
The combination of Greenville’s rich history and its plethora of manufacturing plants ensures lodging accommodations are plentiful, no matter what your preference. From bed and breakfasts to well-known hotel chains, you’ll find something that fits the bill. Here are our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ choices for the best places to stay in Greenville:
1. Hyatt Regency Greenville. This downtown Greenville hotel recently underwent a multi-million-dollar facelift. Its top-notch location provides easy access to all that Greenville’s charming Main Street has to offer. Strossner’s, a local bakery, has set up shop in the lobby, offering delicious morning treats. Rest your head on the plush Hyatt Grand Bed and work up a sweat in the StayFit gym.
2. Pettigru Place. Full of gracious Southern charm, Pettigru Place is just a short walk from downtown. This charming brick Georgian Federalist home built in the 1920s is surrounded by pristine English gardens, complete with relaxing Adirondack chairs and rustic benches. A full breakfast, afternoon cocktails served with light hors d’oeuvres and homemade cookies are included with every reservation.
3. The Westin Poinsett, Greenville. Centrally located in the middle of downtown Greenville, The Westin Poinsett exudes history and Southern charm. Originally built in 1925 and restored between 1997 and 2000, this Greenville hotel is unique among the well-known brand. The Westin Poinsett combines 1920s charm with modern conveniences like complimentary Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. It’s also pet-friendly and provides a Westin Heavenly Dog Bed for Fido.
4. Candleberry Inn. This bed and breakfast also includes a complete day spa onsite. Minutes from the Greenville/Spartanburg Airport, Michelin North America and BMW, it is a top-notch location for weddings, family reunions and business seminars. The five-bedroom inn sits on nearly two pristine acres of rolling pastures, creating a nice country retreat.
5. Hilton Greenville. Near the city’s commercial center, the Hilton is convenient for business travelers with its complimentary airport shuttle and a roomy 24-hour business center. To make the most of your stay, opt for one of the executive-level rooms, which gives you access to a VIP lounge with free breakfast and snacks during the day.