Answers from Our Experts (1)
Packing correctly for a trip to Greenville no matter the season or your scheduled activities will help make your visit hassle-free. Greenville has it all — exceptional seasonal weather, an exciting and vibrant downtown, lots of fun outdoor activities and numerous attractions only a short drive away — and here are the five things our Forbes Travel Guide editors recommend packing to make your trip the most enjoyable:
1. Rain gear. Depending on the time of year you visit, we suggest always packing a light raincoat or umbrella. Afternoon showers are frequent, but they don’t last long.
2. Winter jacket. Greenville has fairly mild winters with very little snow or below-freezing temperatures; but if you’re scheduling a winter visit, a lined jacket or lightweight winter coat and gloves are recommended.
3. Walking shoes. Only a short half-hour drive to the mountains, Greenville’s terrain does have an incline, so good walking shoes are a must. You’ll also want to take advantage of Falls Park, a popular downtown destination surrounding the Reedy River that was designed with walking paths open to the general public.
4. Camera. Greenville is filled with beauty, from Furman College’s Asian gardens to the Reedy River Falls and the Liberty Bridge, to the Mice on Main and so much more. You’ll want to make sure you capture every minute of your visit.
5. GPS. While Greenville is very easy to navigate, and roads and highways are clearly marked, Greenville County encompasses 795 miles. Once you get away from the downtown area, a little extra help might come in handy.