Answers from Our Experts (1)
Whether it’s fresh festival food or something from the sea, you’ll have several top food experiences to choose from in Greenwich. Here are five top picks for food experiences in this Connecticut town:
1. Bon Ton Fish Market. This patriotically painted fish market has been serving Greenwich since 1902. Owner Tony Norado (only the third proprietor in the market’s 110-year history), wakes up bright and early to scour the fresh catch at the Fulton Fish Market.
2. Great Chefs. Eat for a good cause. The yearly Great Chefs event brings together more than 65 of Fairfield and Westchester County’s restaurateurs, caterers and wine distributors to benefit the Greenwich Hospital.
3. Greenwich Food and Wine Festival. Fairfield and Westchester County’s finest culinary minds descend upon Greenwich for this three-day gourmet celebration. Be sure to come hungry (and thirsty).
4. The Little Chocolate Company. Bite into a bit of Belgium at this Greenwich sweets shop where the bark — in mouth-watering varieties like white coconut lime and milk peanut crunch with sea salt — is a standout.
5. Old Greenwich Farmers Market. Get the best Connecticut farmers have to offer every Wednesday at this farmers market. It’s all here — from fruits and vegetables to fresh-cut flowers and herbs.