Answers from Our Experts (1)
Accommodations in Greenwich lean towards the quaint inn and bucolic B&B, but there are a few luxury hotels to be found in the Connecticut coastal town too. Here are the best places to stay in Greenwich:
1. Delamar Greenwich Harbor. As its name would suggest, this gorgeous boutique hotel hugs the Greenwich Harbor, providing stunning nautical views from many of its 82 rooms. Amenities include 500 feet of private dock (with yacht charters available), a full-service spa and the award-winning restaurant L'escale, which specializes in French Provençal fare.
2. Harbor House Inn. Location, location, location. This charming Old Greenwich inn is a short, 10-minute walk to the beach — or an even shorter bike ride if you opt to borrow a two-wheeler during your stay. Burrowed on a picturesque, tree-lined street, the inn has 23 rooms all lovingly (though not lavishly) decorated.
3. Hyatt Regency Greenwich. If you consider bucolic boring, book one of Hyatt Regency’s 373 newly renovated rooms, where modern elegance and top-notch amenities are de rigueur. Styled after a grand English manor, this isn’t your typical chain experience, with a gorgeous nature-filled atrium made for lounging, a full-service spa and a late-night lounge.
4. The Stanton House Inn. Planted on a quiet residential street, this 19th-century mansion boasts 21 bedrooms and three suites and features country-chic décor, four-poster beds and fireplaces. An outdoor pool is open May through October.
5. Mayflower Inn & Spa. If you don’t mind some space between you and the affluent streets of Greenwich, book at room at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Mayflower Inn & Spa, located about 60 miles northeast of the city. This English countryside-inspired hotel is a destination itself, with a stellar spa, luxury accommodations and 28 acres of rolling hills to explore.