Answers from Our Experts (1)
As you can imagine, contemporary design is the focus for many of Helsinki’s hotels, and most boast custom interiors with original crafted pieces. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s picks for the five of the best places to stay in Helsinki:
1. Hotel Kamp. A Luxury Collection hotel in downtown Helsinki with many attractions at its doorstep, Hotel Kamp delivers European glamour. The spacious rooms are outfitted with modern amenities such as flat-screen TVs and mini-bars, while retaining a 19th-century character. Unwind in the hotel’s spa or stop in for a meal at one of the two restaurants.
2. Hotel Fabian. The lovely thing about Hotel Fabian is the sunny interior courtyard that lightens up all the rooms. The added draws of plush beds, an obliging staff, and a convenient location make this boutique hotel a can’t miss.
3. Hotel Seurahuone Helsinki. Once the haunt of high society with its regular concerts and balls, the Seurahuone is a sophisticated gem housed in a historic building dating back to the 1820s. Mimic the leading intellectuals of the past and ponder the future of Finland underneath the magnificent glass dome in the lobby bar before collapsing into the comfortable beds.
4. Sokos Hotel Torni. Looming above the skyline, this Art Deco hotel recalls past grandeur while providing all the modern comforts. As the first high-rise building in Helsinki, the views from the rooftop bar and terrace are dramatic.
5. Hotel GLO Helsinki Kluuvi. Customize your stay at the GLO Hotel by decking out your room with all the electronic gadgets, fitness products and luxury pillows you could possibly need. The rooms here are all spacious, and there’s also a spa and sauna onsite.