Answers from Our Experts (1)
Ho Chi Minh City has a number of luxury accommodations where you’ll enjoy attentive service from a friendly staff and a wide range of top-notch amenities. Our Forbes Travel Guide recommend these as the best of the bunch:
1. Park Hyatt Saigon. Conveniently located near all the action in District 1, Park Hyatt Saigon offers some of the best hotel facilities in town, including a 65-foot outdoor lap pool, fully equipped business center, fitness room and luxury spa with seven private treatment rooms. All of the hotel’s 244 guest rooms and suites come with flat-screen TVs, rain showers, 24-hour butler service and Wi-Fi service. Two onsite restaurants, Opera and Square One, offer reliable good food.
2. Rex Hotel. This is the place to stay if you’re a history or shopping buff. The Rex Hotel was once a central meeting point for troops and reporters during the Vietnam War, and today this centrally located hotel has a lobby full of high-end stores, a fabulous rooftop bar, fitness center and two pools. Be sure to ask for a guest room in the hotel’s recently renovated wing.
3. InterContinental Asiana Saigon. Not to be confused with Hotel Continental Saigon, which was one of the settings in Graham Greene’s classic novel The Quiet American, this luxury Ho Chi Minh City hotel features 19 spacious suites and 286 guest rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, stylish furnishings and king or queen beds, while facilities include a lovely wellness spa, five bars and restaurants and a gracious outdoor pool.
4. Caravelle Hotel. A longtime favorite in the heart of District 1, Caravelle Hotel is home to the rooftop Saigon Saigon Bar, still one of Ho Chi Minh City’s premier spots for cocktails under the stars; downstairs you’ll find six more bars and restaurants, a spa, 24-hour fitness center and outdoor pool. The hotel’s standard guest rooms include a full range of upscale amenities, but the décor and furnishings are a bit dated and could use a refresh — we recommend splurging on one of the massive, more aesthetically appealing suites.
5. An Lam Saigon River. Located on the outskirts of the city, this seven-villa boutique hotel is reachable by boat (15 minutes from the pier at District 1) or by car (30 minutes from Tan Son Nhat International Airport). The more remote location on the banks of the Saigon River offers a tropical respite from the frenetic pace of the city. Luxe rooms have bamboo walls, contemporary décor and private swimming pools; enjoy sunset drinks on the outdoor deck before a Vietnamese dinner at the hotel’s restaurant.