Answers from Our Experts (1)
There’s a lot to love about InterContinental Hong Kong, but here are its best qualities.
1. The location. Its location is one of the best in Hong Kong — an unbeatable spot next to the promenade on Victoria Harbour, offering amazing views and a front row seat for the nightly Symphony of Lights. It’s also a great location to reach the ferry terminals, Kowloon Park, shopping malls or a quick cab ride over to the Central district.
2. Great dining options. From the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel’s own Harbourside restaurant and The Steak House Winebar and Grill, to Rech by Alain Ducasse and Nobu InterContinental Hong Kong, you’re in for a treat when it comes to delicious cuisine.
3. Large fitness center with complimentary classes. A large fitness center offers all the equipment you need, from cardio machines to more low-impact yoga balls and bands. There are plenty of snacks, including tea, bottled water and fresh fruit, along with towels and magazines. Also, guests can take complimentary yoga and tai chi classes.
4. Rooftop pool with a spectacular view. The luxurious and lush Pool Terrace offers a quiet place to relax and cool off from the oppressive Hong Kong heat and humidity. The view is amazing, looking out over the promenade and Victoria Harbour. You can people-watch from up above or just take in the skyline.
5. Rooms with views. Each night, we loved looking out from our harborside view room to Victoria Harbour and the lit up buildings. In the morning, we watched the sunrise and the traditional junk boats and ferries head out for the day. Be sure to request a harborside view room because it’s one of the best views in town.