Answers from Our Experts (1)
Before you land that much-sought-after reservation at this chic French establishment, here are some key things to know about L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon:
1. L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon is the fifth Atelier opened by famed chef Joël Robuchon, and is modeled after his restaurant in Tokyo, Japan.
2. The restaurant is located in The Landmark shopping center, home to high-end stores such as Dior and Chloé, and is on Hong Kong Island.
3. This Hong Kong restaurant has an impressive wine list — topping out at about 132 pages. It just so happens to be one of the most extensive wine collections in the vibrant city, thanks to more than 3,200 labels of various vintages and appellations. You can enjoy a delightful glass of wine, order a magnum of the best red on the list if you’re feeling ambitious, or simply choose anything in between the two extremes.
4. L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon shares a dessert with Robuchon au Dôme, Joël Robuchon’s restaurant at the Grand Lisboa Hotel in Macau. You’ll find the classic L’oeuf de Poule, a soufflé perfumed with Tahitian vanilla extract and featuring a creamy yolk hidden inside, can be found at both restaurants.
5. The menu at L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon is written in French and English. There’s no need to dust off your high school French because the menu comes in both languages for ease of use.