Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are a lot of amazing things about The Inn at Dos Brisas in Washington, Texas, but here’s what we think are five of the very best:
1. The food. Much of what you’ll do at the ranch is centered on eating, and we can’t say enough about the food at The Inn at Dos Brisas. We love everything from the welcome cheese and charcuterie plate to the delightful breakfast delivered to your door to the homemade cookies at turndown. It all comes from the excellent restaurant, a dining establishment that offers mouthwatering tasting menus using ingredients grown onsite in the organic gardens.
2. The haciendas. The new haciendas are huge and supremely comfortable. Each includes a gigantic bathroom with steam shower, walk-in closet, screened-in porch, plunge pool, enormous living area with a leather couch and fireplace, and a big bedroom with a mile-high bed facing yet another fireplace and television. Staying here feels like you’ve rented a private home for the weekend.
3. The quiet setting. Located about an hour outside of Houston, The Inn at Dos Brisas is peaceful. It’s a place to relax and get away from it all. You’ll be surrounded by acres of horse pastures and gardens and each casita and hacienda offers plenty of privacy.
4. The golf cart. Upon your arrival at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel, the staff will trade your vehicle for a golf cart that you get to use throughout your stay. You can use it to explore the grounds and transport yourself from the restaurant, pool and other places on the 300-acre property. It’s nice to simply hop on your golf cart after dinner and putter back to your casita or hacienda.
5. The drinks. The inn’s restaurant has an incredible wine cellar, but you’ll also find a variety of super-tasty seasonal cocktails made with fresh ingredients from the inn’s organic gardens. The bloody mary made with muddled heirloom tomatoes, picked vegetables and garden horseradish was by far the best this inspector has ever tasted. Drinks in the bar are presented with tasty snacks such as homemade fingerling potato chips or fresh kale chips from the garden.