Answers from Our Experts (1)
There is always a festival of some kind in Houston. From music, sports, to food, here are some of the best:
- April 13-14, 2013: Japan-Fest comes to Houston with two days filled with cultural performances, food, martial arts and family activities aimed at promoting the Japanese culture.
- April 19-21, April 26-28, 2013: Texas Crawfish Festival hits Old Town Spring. Each weekend boasts hours of live music and mudbug-eating-til-you-drop.
- May 4, 2013 - Houston will host the 13th Annual Dragon Boat Festival in Downtown Houston. Local teams will race down courses from 250m to 1000m on the day of the regatta. All of the races will take place in traditional Hong Kong style BuK Dragon Boats, each capable of carrying carry 20 paddlers, 1 drummer, and 1 steersperson.
- June 1 and 2, 2013 - Free Press Summer Fest is a musical extravaganza that attracts thousands to Eleanor Tinsley Park. Get ready to sweat with the masses and sway to the music as more than 40 bands take the stage to entertain during the heat of summer.
- October 10-13, 2013: Houston Festa Italiana (Italian Festival). Eat pasta, play bocce ball, listen to live music and more at Houston’s Italian Festival.
- Late Fall (dates TBA): A tradition since 1967, the Houston Greek Festival is probably one of the longest running traditions in Houston, filled with food, dance, culture, and “O-PA!” -- lots of fun. Get your fill of baklava and chillax with the rest of the Houstonians at the Greek Festival.