Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are lots of great Houston spots for your family to chow down. Here are five of our favorites:
1. Berry Hill Baja Grill: You’ll love this Houston-based chain for its south-of-the-border menu, while your kids will thrive in the come-as-you-are atmosphere. Head over to the Montrose location for a sublime covered patio. We suggest you order the fish tacos - it’s what the restaurant is known for, and they go over with kids as well as adults.
2. Lupe Tortilla: You’ll find a lively and colorful atmosphere at this Tex-Mex restaurant. Your ni"e;os will love the simple menu, which includes surefire hits like soft chicken tacos and cheese enchiladas. There is even a playground and sandbox for the kids, so if there is a long wait-and there most likely will be - you can rest assured that your kids aren’t bored.
3. Downtown Aquarium: If you think this is an odd suggestion for eating out, think again. The major Houston attraction is actually half restaurant with wall-to-wall aquarium views and a surf-and-turf menu. Your little ones can nosh on popcorn shrimp and grilled cheese as they watch the fish swim by.
4. Goode Company Texas Bar-B-Q: When you’re in the Lone Star State, you’re going to want some good ol’ fashioned barbecue. Grab the kids and head over to family-friendly Goode Company, which boasts that it serves Texas barbecue the “right way.”
5. Barnaby’s Café: This West Coast-influenced restaurant is generally filled with cool parents and their even cooler tots. Your kids will love the corn dog and burger offerings here, as well as the pet-friendly patio.