Answers from Our Experts (1)
1. Spindletop at the Hyatt Downtown. The Spindletop, without a doubt, offers the best views of Houston. The spinning restaurant turns slowly, giving you a 360 degree view of Houston from the middle of Downtown. The restaurant recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation, and what you'll find is elegant, continental cuisine in a posh, fine dining setting.
2. Up Restaurant. This gorgeous restaurant on the second story of a Highland Village building offers expansive views of Highland Village from the main dining room as well as the beautiful covered patio. Make sure you stop for a drink at the beautiful, Swarovski-lit bar, then make your way down to the sunken dining room to enjoy a fine meal of continental cuisine by chef Joe Macri.
3. Artista. Located on the second floor of the Hobby Center, Artista's floor to ceiling windows offer a gorgeous view of City Hall and Downtown Houston. While you're admiring the view, dine on signature South American fare, like empanadas and churrasco steak by the Cordua family of restaurants.
4. Brenner's on the Bayou. With a gorgeous patio overlooking the bayou, and floor to ceiling windows in the main dining room, dining at Brenner's on the Bayou makes you feel like you're in a cottage somewhere in Lake Tahoe. The lush green foliage and water rushing through the bayou make for a perfect respite from the harsh realities of the day. What a great place to indulge in a scrumptious steak dinner.
5. The Grove. Located in the middle of Discovery Green downtown, this gorgeous glass building offers wonderful views of the surrounding park during the day, and glimpses of the twinkling city lights by night. Upstairs in the private bar, an uncovered patio offers unparalleled up-close views of the Downtown skyline. One of the many ventures owned by the Schiller Del Grande Group, you can expect clean, continental fare and excellent drinks in this modern metropolitan eatery.