Answers from Our Experts (2)
Houston is a major sports town, which is evidenced by its giant, Texas-sized stadiums. The Houston Astros play at Minute Maid Park - a stadium that comes complete with a retractable roof to protect fans from the city’s notoriously humid weather. Ticket prices are reasonable here, and it even offers free admission to kids in the summer. The Houston Texans throw the pigskin around at Reliant Stadium and the Houston Rockets play hoops at the Toyota Center.
If you rather catch the games from the comfort of a bar, there are plenty to choose from. Pub Fiction in Midtown was inspired by the urban taverns in Chicago and New York City and features a full bar menu and HD flat-screen TVs. There’s also Champps and Saint Dane’s, which is loaded with TVs and has a pet-friendly patio.
1) Toyota Center. Home of the Houston Rockets -- it was the host of this year's NBA All-Stars and where to be when you want to watch a home game. Hockey fans can also be found here whenever the Houston Aeros play.
2) Reliant Park. Houston Texans and football fans, Reliant Stadium isn't just home to the rodeo, it's also home to our city's beloved football team. Throughout the year, Reliant also plays host to numerous sporting events, like the Breast Cancer Walk or the Electric Run, and soccer games.
3. Minute Maid Park. Home to the Houston Astros, baseball fans can enjoy an entertaining game while noshing on fantastic arena food.
4. BBVA Compass Stadium. Soccer fans flock to the BBVA Compass Stadium to see the Houston Dynamo strut their stuff.
5. Houston Polo Club. Since 1928, fans have been flocking to the Houston Polo Club to watch this exhilarating equine sport.
6. River Oaks Country Club. Host of the US Men's Clay Court Championship, for one week a year, adoring tennis fans flock to this this private club to see their favorite singles and doubles players each year.