Answers from Our Experts (1)
From larger luxury resorts to charming boutique hotels, you’ll be able to find great hotel options in Jackson. Forbes Travel Guide editors have narrowed it down to the best five spots in this Mississippi town:
1. Fairview Inn. An elegant, colonnaded mansion converted to a bed and breakfast, Fairview Inn has cozy rooms stocked with antiques and tasteful decor. Some rooms have sun porches, allowing you the luxury of a country retreat within the city. Breakfast includes Southern favorites such as New Orleans-style eggs benedict and grits. There’s an on-site restaurant, fitness center and spa.
2. Old Capitol Inn. This quaint boutique hotel occupies a historic redbrick building on a main drag just north of downtown. Rooms are well appointed with stylish furnishings, separate sitting areas and balconies. Complimentary breakfast is included, and there’s a wine and cheese reception in the afternoon.
3. Hilton Jackson. Up on the northern edge of Jackson, where countryside has given way to subdivisions and office park, this hotel towers over the surrounding landscape. Rooms are very comfortable and the hotel’s dining and drinking options are a cut above typical hotel offerings, as is the large outdoor pool.
4. Jackson Marriott. Located just a short walk from the State Capitol and other attractions in Jackson’s compact downtown, this hotel is fairly standard, with somewhat compact rooms. Suites come with additional amenities.
5. Monmouth Historic Inn. If you don’t mind putting distance between you and the city, you can head to the countryside for a true Southern experience. This luxury inn, located in Natchez about one hour and 45 minutes from Jackson, is a former plantation home sitting on gorgeous grounds filled with rose hedges, gazebos and more. Service is stellar.