Answers from Our Experts (1)
Jakarta offers some luxurious places to stay for both business and leisure travelers. Here’s where our Forbes Travel Guide editors recommend staying during a visit to Indonesia’s capital:
1. Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta. Expect stellar service and all-out luxury at Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta, an escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. This hotel leans towards the business travel, but it offers resort-style amenities such as a pool set in a lush garden, a modern gym with steam rooms, and a huge international buffet that draws non-hotel guests.
2. Hotel Indonesia Kempinski. Built under President Sukarno for the 1962 Asian Games, this spot is one of Indonesia’s first luxury hotels. Now conveniently connected to the Grand Indonesia shopping complex, Kempinski has modern décor and elegance and offers stylish dining and drinking on its rooftop bar and best-in-town Italian restaurant, Casa d’Oro.
3. Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta. Located in the central business district, Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta is an escapist’s destination all year long. The gracious and accommodating staff offer personalized service to guests amid a tranquil hotel ambiance (we love the large rooms and private balconies). The luxe hotel spa offers a full range of relaxing treatments, including a must-try Javanese massage.
4. Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta. Known for its superb service, Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta employs a staff that gets even the smallest details right. The recent renovation paid off — the hotel’s sleek guest rooms are some of the finest in the city. Got down time? Head to the outdoor swimming pool or to one of the several upscale dining spots.
5. The Ritz Carlton Jakarta, Pacific Place. The smaller of two Ritz-Carlton properties in Jakarta, Pacific Place is made up of all suites and offers club service to every guest. Check in on the 21st-floor lounge, which features fantastic views of the city. The hotel, which is connected to the Pacific Place mall, also has a spa, gym and pool.